Benefits of Training at CDL College
- Our Pay-as-you-Go policy allows students to pay off their balance while they train.
- Open enrollment enables our students to make their own training schedules.
- We hire the best instructors available and we’ve embraced the digital age.
- We utilize the latest technology to achieve our 98% graduation rate.
- Open 7 days. Classes start every day.
Our CDL Courses
CLASS A Over-the-Road
Consists of computer time, pre-trip inspection classes, driving simulator, 6 backing maneuvers, and 10-speed driving instruction. Class A drivers are also qualified to operate Class B vehicles. Instructors assist you throughout the training process. Testing fee included. Certificate.
Course cost, $3,800
CLASS A Oil Field Driver
Our 1 week course results in an entry-level Commercial Motor Vehicle operator with Safeland Certification. These credentials are required at most oil and gas job sites. Already have your CDL? Take our Safeland Certification course (below). Testing fee included.
Course cost, $2,665
CLASS A CDL Local Driver
For drivers who prefer to stay close to home, or someone needing a refresher course. Graduates of this course cannot go Over-the-Road as the course does not fulfill the level of training that long-haul carriers require. 10 days of training and you’re all set! Testing fee included. Certificate.
Course cost, $2,400
CLASS B Truck or Bus Driver
Our Class B course can be completed in 3 days. Graduates are certified to operate straight trucks (dump trucks, straight tankers, cement trucks, etc) and buses. Pre-trip inspections, backing maneuvers, and driving instruction. Testing fee included. Certificate.
Course cost, $1,560
- Accident Prevention Signs and Tags
- Hand Safety
- Material Handling
- Hazard Communication
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Prevention and Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Job Safety Analysis and Pre-Job Planning
- Personal Protective Equipment, Respiratory
- Working at Heights
- Excavation–Trenching & Shoring
$235 per driver
HOURLY CDL Training
Hourly training works well for people with some previous experience, but do not yet have their CDL. What do you need to learn before your CDL Skills Test? Pre-trip inspections? Backing maneuvers? Shifting a 10-speed tractor? Hourly training is 1-on-1, just you and one of our instructors. If your knowledge of any of the above subjects is limited, you will probably need more than one hour of training.
CDL PRE-TRIP Inspection Class
Every CDL Skills Test includes a vehicle inspection. Students learn to inspect the entire tractor and trailer, but are only required to inspect a portion for the test. The class covers the following:
- Engine Compartment + 1 Axle
- Side of Vehicle + 1 Axle
- Connections and Trailer + 1 Axle
- External Light Check
- In-Cab, Engine Start, and Air Brake Check
$90 (1 hour)
Specialized Driver Eval
For professional drivers with a few violations who require a short refresher course. Pick one or more topics below and call for a quote:
- Defensive Driving
- Hours of Service
- Backing (Tight Quarters)