Use your VA Benefits to attend CDL College. CDL College is a VA-approved school eligible to accept VA benefit funds. Click the eBenefits link below to begin the process.
POST 9/11 G.I. Bill Chapter 33 Benefits Eligible Individuals: Generally, an individual who served a minimum of 90 days on active duty after September 10, 2001, will be eligible for educational assistance under the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill. Active duty served as a member of the Armed Forces or as a result of a call or order to active duty from a reserve component qualifies as active duty service.
On October 1, 2011, the VA began paying benefits to members of the Army National Guard and Air National Guard for qualifying service.
The following service may qualify: Full time service in the National Guard for the purpose of organizing, administering, recruiting, instructing or training.
Activations in support of a national emergency. Benefits can be paid retroactively to August 1, 2009, the effective date of the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill program.
- ROTC under 10 U.S.C. 2107(b)
- Service academy contract period
- Service terminated due to defective enlistment agreement
- Service used for loan repayment
Period of Eligibility: In general, an individual's eligibility to use Chapter 33 benefits expires 15 years from the date of the last discharge or release from active duty of at least 90 consecutive days. In order to retain eligibility, meeting the service requirements, an individual must:
- Be honorably discharged from Armed Forces,
- Be released from Armed Forces with service characterized as honorable and placed on the retired list, temporary disability retired list, or transferred to the Fleet Reserve or the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve,
- Be releases from Armed Forces with service characterized as honorable for further service in a reserve component.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
VA Education Benefits 1.888.442.4551
Other VA Benefits 1.800.827.1000
Education Call Center 1.888.442.4551
U.S. DEPT. of VETERANS AFFAIRS LINK: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/post911_gibill.asp