There are 4 Steps required to obtain your Commercial Driver License (CDL):
- Pass a DOT Physical. Your doctor, many clinics, and most truck stops conduct physicals. Shop around. Typical cost in Colorado is $60-70.
- Study for your CDL Permit. Use the courses below, they're FREE! Or you can bore yourself into a coma by reading the CDL manual. After studying, pass the CDL Permit Written Test at the nearest DMV location. (Note: do not allow the DMV to punch a hole in your Driver License when you get your Permit).The permit cost is $16.80 in Colorado.
- Attend CDL College (or a reputable Driver Training School in your area) for training. Choose your course (Class A? Class B? Bus?) and we'll train you for your Commercial Driver License. You will learn a full Pre-Trip Inspection, 6 Backing Maneuvers, and how to shift a 10-speed manual transmission.
- Pass your CDL Skills Test. Your Certificate of Training is all you need to obtain your CDL at the DMV. In Colorado, the fee for the license is $15.50.
Complete CDL Courses (CDL Permit Courses)
- Class A Complete Online Course
- Class B Complete Online Course
- Class B Complete Online Course with Passenger Endorsement